My research interests
Current Major Research Projects:
1. Civil-Military Relations in Africa (co-edited book manuscript under review)
2. Africa's New Global Politics (co-authored manuscript under review)
3. Politics of State Revenue in Tanzania and Uganda (collaborative project)
4. Politics of Institutional Change and Transformation in Africa (book manuscript)
- Politicisation and Professionalisation. In Civil Wars, 2020.
- Reconceptualising Civil-Military Relations. In Civil Wars, 2020
- Whose Africa is Rising? In Review of African Political Economy, 2019.
- Shrinking Democratic Space? In Commonwealth and Comparative Politics, 2019.
- Politics of Exclusion and Institutional Transformation in Ethiopia. In Third World Quarterly, 2019.
Networks and Affiliations
I am affiliated with the Centre for Basic Research in Kampala, a leading independent social science research organization in Uganda. CBR is at present my foremost intellectual home in Uganda. Also, over many years of doing field research in Africa, I have established both formal and informal links and affiliations with several universities, research organizations and policy think-tanks in Ethiopia, Ghana, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, and Uganda. Among these include the Forum for Social Studies in Addis Ababa, the Center for Democratic Governance and the Institute for Democratic Governance both in Accra, the Institute of African Studies of the University of Ghana, Legon, the Council for Development of Social Science Research in Africa in Darker, and the University of Dar es Salam.